Cable operators need optimal performance in their network architectures to support expanded service offerings such as HDTV, Video on Demand (VOD), VoIP, and high speed data/internet. The ARRIS Opti Max™ OM4100, a 4 output segmentable node, uses industry leading technology and design to facilitate full 4x4 segmentation in a modular, pay-as-you grow platform for optical to RF (RF to optical in the upstream) signal conversion.
The OM4100 modular design provides a high level of scalability, which enables operators to deploy minimal configurations today and expand in the future as subscriber demands increase. Expansion options include migration from a 1x1 node to full downstream and upstream 2x2 and 4x4 segmentation. Operators can achieve scalability simply by adding in additional upstream transmitters and downstream receivers along with simple plug-in segmentation modules.
- Enables bandwidth expansion via downstream and upstream segmentation
- Premium low noise receiver with wide optical range enables designs with lower inputs while still maintaining maximum typical RF output levels
- Optical AGC accommodates optical network changes without compromising subscriber experience
- SFP based digital return maximizes service group flexibility and supports aggregation
- Digital EMS obviates the need for dedicated network management hardware
- One of the most widely deployed optical nodes, trusted by operators around the world to deliver advanced voice, video, and data services